Phoenix Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inheritance of the World: Volume One. Chapter One.

Go down

Inheritance of the World: Volume One. Chapter One. Empty Inheritance of the World: Volume One. Chapter One.

Post by Umbra Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Notice: This fan-fic has already been posted (by me) on yugiohcardmaker.net. Here, I will post every chapter posted there.

Chapter One: Hermit on the Rocks

Today, there are not many that believe in destiny. They choose to believe that the future has not yet been set, that everything is not predetermined. But if this is the case, how can people believe in predictions? The outcome of a football game, tomorrow’s weather? Aren’t these proof of destiny? That the future has already been set and we can determine it, reveal it? There are one who believes such, and he has been called a “freak” and “crazy”. But all he did was telling the truth. All he did was revealing the truth of destiny to the common people.

That is me.

I’ve been forced to live on this cliff for many years now, because nobody understands the truth. They only give me the naive look of a fool when I tell them my stories, my truths. They say they agree, but their eyes tell otherwise. They think I’m insane. My name is Jack. Jack Underton. No one has called me that in years, but I remember it. I was on national TV once. I remember that too. They told people of my theories, but no one listened. No one cared. No one remembered.

I see someone coming up to me from behind. I will continue to write here later, but for now I must go. I’ll be around.

- Jack? Jack Underton?
Jack nodded, and turned towards the guest. It was a man, probably in his thirties, but with striped gray hair and a torn face. This was a man who had worked hard, and worked a lot.
- That would be me, yes.
The man smiled, but it was only for a few seconds.
- I’m Rick Norgrass. I’ve been looking for you for months. Years, maybe.
Something in the man’s eyes told Jack that he was telling the truth.
- Well, speak of your business here, Rick.
- I’m here to give you this back.
Jack looked at Rick as he picked up a stack of cards from his pocket.
- I’m here to show you your Destiny, Jack.
Rick picked up the top card, showing a man dressed in dark robes and with a staff on his back.
- This is you, Jack. The Diviner.
He then picked up the following card, but flipped it immediately, so that it landed on the cave floor with the image up. It showed a surge of golden light, rushing towards the viewer.
- That is your goal. The Truth.
He picked up the next card, and held it in his hand.
- And this is how to fulfill your goal. The Path.
Then, Jack felt a strange twist in his guts. This man was no ordinary worker. This man knew of his dreams. His goal. His destiny.
- Do you wish to know more, Jack? Then come with me.
Jack nodded.
- I indeed do, mr Norgrass. Even though I understand that is not your real name.
The other man nodded.
- Your eyes are sharp, Jack. My name is a different one, but I can assure you that it will come to you in due time. I can’t tell you know, since we must go. Gather whatever belongings you might have here. We must go, now.
Jack turned into the cave, and picked up a small notebook. He swung it open, and flicked up his pen. Quickly, he wrote down a few words.

I am leaving the cliff for a while now, but I am sure to be back later. This trip should not take too long. Bye, darling. May destiny be with you.

He then dropped the notebook on the cave floor. A single tear came from his right eye. I’ll be back, my love. Have faith in me, and have faith in destiny. He then turned to Rick.
- We’ll be going.

Umbra

Back to top Go down